Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 35 m servings 161
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 loaves)
- Mix 8 cups whole wheat flour, yeast, coconut sugar, and salt with a fork in a bowl. Mix in coconut oil with your hands until well distributed and flaky. Mix in 4 1/2 cups water. Mix in remaining 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water until dough has a moist, spongy consistency.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball.
- Dust 2 large bowls with 1 tablespoon flour. Place 1 ball of dough into each bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm place to rise, 4 to 20 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Punch dough down gently and shape into loaves. Place loaves in the prepared pans. Snip top with kitchen scissors to create spiky tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and bottom sounds hollow when tapped, about 30 minutes. Turn off oven and leave loaves inside, about 15 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool for 30 minutes. Cut into 12 to 16 slices per loaf.
- Cook's Note:
- If you are not a complete bread monster, place extra bread in a sturdy freezer bag, press out extra air, seal, and store in the freezer. This method of storage will keep the bread tasting as fresh as its first day for up to 2 months.
Per Serving: 161 calories; 3.1 30.1 5.8 0 198 Full nutrition
How much yeast is in a package of yeast?
Can I freeze dough and then bake it later?
I want my bread loaves to have a thicker crust. What can I do?
Ask Your Question