Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients47 m servings 461
Original recipe yields 8 servings (16 toasts)
- Place textured vegetable protein in a bowl; add 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water and stir. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place eggplant cutlets on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip cutlets. Bake until golden brown, 16 to 17 minutes more.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Slice bread into 16 slices approximately 1/2-inch thick. Paint bread with olive oil.
- Cook on the preheated grill until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Place tomatoes in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in a microwave until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Drain and discard excess liquid.
- Stir tomatoes, capers, and dehydrated garlic into the rehydrated textured vegetable protein.
- Arrange toasted bread slices on a serving dish. Stack 1 eggplant on each slice of bread; top with a dollop of tomato mixture.
Per Serving: 461 calories; 17.6 55.7 21 0 876 Full nutrition