Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 23 m servings 276 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cover brown rice with hot water and soak for 1 hour. Drain and rinse.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and corn kernels and cook until rice is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot and cook onion and 3 poblanos until they have softened, about 5 minutes. Add rice and corn; mix well.
- Combine remaining 3 poblano peppers, 1 cup water, and garlic in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour over rice and add remaining water. Add epazote and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until all the water is absorbed and rice is cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 7.2 g fat; 48.9 g carbohydrates; 6.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 40 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1