Arroz Verde (Green Rice with Cilantro)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"The green color of the rice comes from poblano chiles and cilantro. Arroz verde is a popular Mexican side dish that goes well with fish tacos, grilled chicken, or fahitas."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 17 m servings 256
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place poblano peppers cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skins.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine poblano peppers, onion, garlic, water, cilantro, and lime juice in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir rice, stirring frequently, until transparent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add poblano mixture and bring to a boil. Stir in chicken bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice has absorbed all liquid and is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and fluff with a fork. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 256 calories; 7.4 42.7 4.6 < 1 41 Full nutrition