Starbucks® Mocha Frappuccino® Replica
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 1 h 30 m servings 227
Original recipe yields 6 servings (2 quarts)
- Mix 6 cups water and coffee in a 1/2-gallon jar (such as Ball(R)) until grounds are completely saturated. Steep for 24 hours at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the coffee to the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour.
- Place a small colander on top of a tall, lidded plastic container. Line colander with a 6-inch square of cheesecloth; fit a coffee filter on top.
- Pour about 1 cup of the coffee into the colander until filter begins to clog. Lift the corners of the cheesecloth carefully; twist the cloth and filter to extract the liquid. Drain the remaining liquid 1 cup at a time, using a new coffee filter each time. Repeat the process with the grounds, filtering 1 cup at a time; squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Refrigerate the concentrate until ready to use.
- Combine concentrate, 1% milk, and condensed milk in a 1/2-gallon jar.
- Dissolve 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar and cocoa powder together in a bowl of hot tap water. Add to the coffee-milk mixture; cover the jar and shake well.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use your favorite brand of coffee. I don't think the coarseness of the grounds is an issue. Fine-ground coffee may offer more flavor, but it will be harder to filter.
- I started this recipe using whole milk. Well that combined with the condensed milk was kind of like a lactose bomb and was tough on the tummy so I use 1% now. Feel free to use any grade lowfat milk you prefer.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 4.9 36.9 10 21 146 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1