Pescado en Achiote (Mexican Fish in Annatto Sauce)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 413
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine 3/4 cup water, achiote paste, onion, juice of 2 limes, juice of 1 orange, vinegar, garlic, 1 teaspoon oregano, salt, and pepper in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Season both sides of the fish fillets with salt and pepper, then brush the top with melted butter. Arrange fish fillets in a baking dish. Add shrimp on top and cover with achiote sauce. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Place red onion and habanero peppers in a glass bowl. Add 1 cup water, juice of 1/2 orange, and juice of 1 lime; stir well and season with salt, peppercorns, and Mexican oregano.
- Serve fish and shrimp with achiote sauce and top with habanero sauce.
- Cook's Note:
- Watch the recipe video in Spanish on my blog: Gaby Cervello
Per Serving: 413 calories; 24.2 10.9 37 210 757 Full nutrition