made it | 0 reviews |
Maria Teresa Rollo
"These Italian potato croquettes (panzerotti di patate) are delicious and a hit with my whole family. They are a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients54 m servings 614 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, peel, and mash them in a bowl.
- Combine mashed potatoes, 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs, eggs, flour, Parmesan cheese, pecorino cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix by hand until smooth. Scoop up 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture; shape into an oval, cylindrical croquette. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Pour remaining 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs into a shallow plate. Dredge croquettes in the bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry croquettes in the hot oil in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side, turning as needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Cook's Note:
- Peel the hot potatoes by holding them with a fork, then peeling them with a knife.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 614 calories; 27.7 g fat; 71.6 g carbohydrates; 19.9 g protein; 122 mg cholesterol; 623 mg sodium. Full nutrition