Walnut and Flax Seed Muffins
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"These moist muffins are perfect with a cup of coffee for the morning rush and are very versatile; you could add bananas, use whole meal flour, and add blueberries. Or, you could whip up a coffee buttercream to make these muffins into scrumptious cupcakes!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 268
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place walnuts in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Mix chopped walnuts and flax seeds in a large bowl. Mix in self-rising flour, butter, brown sugar, eggs, and milk until batter is smooth and no longer lumpy. Stir in cinnamon. Fill muffin liners 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are golden brown and tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can fold in sultanas, mashed banana, blueberries or other fruits at the end of step 2 for variety.
Per Serving: 268 calories; 17.4 25.4 4.3 72 270 Full nutrition