Spiced Apple Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 41 m servings 638 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 sandwiches)
- Pour apple pie filling into a bowl. Cut each apple slice into thirds using a spoon.
- Place cookie butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 5-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until pourable but still thick, 10 to 15 seconds.
- Place ice cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Blend on low speed until uniformly softened, 10 to 15 seconds. Add apples; blend until incorporated. Fold in cookie butter gently to create ribbons.
- Line a rimmed 9x13-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread ice cream mixture on top.
- Freeze ice cream and cookies until firm, 5 hours to overnight.
- Remove cookies from the freezer. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 6 cookies on top.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer. Cut ice cream into rounds using a 3-inch cookie cutter. Transfer ice cream rounds to the cookies using a spatula or by pressing them out of the cookie cutter with a spoon. Press another cookie on top.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer; chill until ice cream cookie sandwiches are firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Place 1 sandwich into each sandwich bag; fold the edge and crease to seal. Freeze until serving. Peel down bag as you eat, keeping the bag underneath to catch drips.
- Cook's Note:
- If you want to stretch the recipe, use smaller cookies, or cut frozen sandwiches with a serrated knife or bench cutter.
Per Serving: 638 calories; 26.5 g fat; 95.9 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 60 mg cholesterol; 402 mg sodium. Full nutrition