Happy Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 h 46 m servings 726 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 sandwiches)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir cake mix, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Arrange 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Coat a glass lightly with flour; flatten each dough ball into a cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are slightly golden at the edges, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place ice cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Blend on low speed until uniformly softened, 10 to 15 seconds. Add marshmallows; blend until incorporated.
- Line a rimmed 9x13-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread ice cream on top. Freeze until firm, 5 hours to overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread 1 to 2 teaspoons frosting on the bottom of each cookie. Place 12 cookies frosting side-up on the baking sheet.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer. Cut ice cream into rounds using a 2-inch cookie cutter. Place ice cream rounds onto the cookies using a spatula or by pressing them out of the cookie cutter with a spoon. Press another cookie on top, frosting-side down.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer until ice cream cookie sandwiches are firm, 8 hours to overnight.
- Pour sprinkles into a bowl. Roll each ice cream sandwich in sprinkles. Place 1 sandwich into each sandwich bag; fold the edge and crease to seal. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours.
- Peel down bag as you eat, keeping the bag underneath to catch drips.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making cookies are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 726 calories; 30 g fat; 109.5 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 65 mg cholesterol; 429 mg sodium. Full nutrition