Easy Sweet Potato and Pear Soup
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 278 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add sweet potatoes, pears, cinnamon stick, and thyme; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth and paprika into the pot; bring to a boil. Simmer until sweet potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick.
- Fill blender halfway with soup. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour into a pot. Repeat with remaining soup. Return to pot.
- Stir heavy cream, maple syrup, and lime juice into the blended soup. Simmer until flavors combine, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can add 1 can pear nectar in step 4 if desired. Reduce the chicken broth or increase the amount of pears and sweet potatoes slightly if you do.
- Substitute Bosc pears for the Bartlett pears if preferred.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 9.9 g fat; 44.3 g carbohydrates; 5.8 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 214 mg sodium. Full nutrition