Ingredients56 m servings 404 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter six 4-inch ramekins and place in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix blueberries, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons white sugar together in a small bowl.
- Microwave 2 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted, about 30 seconds. Stir in brown sugar. Spread equal amounts into the bottom of each ramekin. Divide the blueberry mixture evenly into the ramekins.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup white sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in lemon juice and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt; stir until combined. Mix in milk. Spoon batter into the ramekins over the blueberry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool in the ramekins for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cakes; invert onto a plate.
- Cook's Notes:
- If the batter looks too dry, add in a little milk at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Sugar used on the blueberries can be increased or decreased depending on the sweetness of the berries.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 21.6 g fat; 48.8 g carbohydrates; 5.9 g protein; 114 mg cholesterol; 205 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These are tasty little cakes that are quick and easy to make. 2 cups blueberries is way too much for 6 ramikens, 1 1/4 cups would be more than enough. Also a little bit more ginger would enha...
I haven’t made it yet. I need to acquire the ramekins, but I find that they are all sold by ounce size. I have four already that have an inside measurement of 4” and they are huge and deep. C...
I did not make it yet, the 1 star is because the question could not be posted without a rating. Can almond or other nonwheat flour be used?