Ingredients56 m servings 404
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter six 4-inch ramekins and place in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix blueberries, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons white sugar together in a small bowl.
- Microwave 2 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted, about 30 seconds. Stir in brown sugar. Spread equal amounts into the bottom of each ramekin. Divide the blueberry mixture evenly into the ramekins.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup white sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in lemon juice and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt; stir until combined. Mix in milk. Spoon batter into the ramekins over the blueberry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool in the ramekins for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cakes; invert onto a plate.
- Cook's Notes:
- If the batter looks too dry, add in a little milk at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Sugar used on the blueberries can be increased or decreased depending on the sweetness of the berries.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 21.6 48.8 5.9 114 205 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
These are tasty little cakes that are quick and easy to make. 2 cups blueberries is way too much for 6 ramikens, 1 1/4 cups would be more than enough. Also a little bit more ginger would enha...
I made it strictly according to the recipe. My husband who is very fond of desserts, and really likes blueberries LOVED it! Although I make different desserts for him all the time, he thinks I...
I haven’t made it yet. I need to acquire the ramekins, but I find that they are all sold by ounce size. I have four already that have an inside measurement of 4” and they are huge and deep. C...
I put it in a 6x8 glass pan. It needed about 45 minutes to finish. It was good with some homemade whip cream. We would make it again!
The recipe worked perfectly in my 6 tin Jumbo Muffin pan. The flavors are well balanced between tart and sweet. The cake component is delightful. I will definitely make this again! Thank you, Ki...
I just ate two of these, they are so good. I followed the recipe as is, but baked them for 40 - 45 minutes.
This was very easy and good...and it looked the same as the photos. My husband said this is a keeper for our dinner parties and a co-worker said it tasted perfectly balanced. I mixed blueberrie...