Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 29 m servings 338
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 burgers)
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Stir barbeque sauce and molasses together in a bowl.
- Mash beans in a bowl; stir in 3 tablespoons of the barbeque sauce-molasses mixture. Add rice, onion, beets, beet juice, black pepper, and salt; stir to combine. Refrigerate until firm, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Form burger mixture into 4 equal-size patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook for 2 minutes. Turn over and brush with remaining barbeque sauce-molasses mixture. Cook until golden and heated through, about 2 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also add 1/2 teaspoon of chopped jalapeno peppers to spice it up.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 5.2 65.9 10.8 0 702 Full nutrition