Perfect Pear Muffins
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 203 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Sift flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl. Add pears; stir to coat evenly.
- Combine buttermilk, egg yolks, oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl; mix well. Stir into the pear mixture until batter is just moistened.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until stiff but not dry. Fold egg whites into the batter until just barely incorporated. Fill muffin cups 2/3-full with batter.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden brown and tops spring back when lightly pressed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- To make easy parchment paper muffin liners, find a glass or cup that fits the shape of your muffin tin. Cut 5-inch squares of parchment paper. Turn glass upside-down. Center a parchment piece on top of the glass and press it down, creasing it to form a cup. Lightly spraying your muffin tins with vegetable oil will help to hold paper cups in place.
- You can use apples in place of pears if desired.
- For more even baking, turn the pan halfway through the baking time.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 5.7 g fat; 34.7 g carbohydrates; 3.9 g protein; 28 mg cholesterol; 266 mg sodium. Full nutrition