Ingredients5 h 55 m servings 496
- Whisk olive oil, 1/4 cup mint, cilantro, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, honey, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 cloves garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cayenne in a large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade in a separate bowl.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken. Press air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade. Place in a bowl and refrigerate for 5 hours.
- Whisk yogurt, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup mint, 2 cloves garlic, lemon zest, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl to make sauce. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Toss green bell peppers and red onion in the reserved 1/4 cup marinade. Remove chicken from the bag and discard all marinade. Thread chicken, peppers, and onion alternately onto skewers.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Arrange skewers on the grill. Close lid and cook, turning once or twice, until chicken is firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from grill and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with cold sauce.
- Cook's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 496 calories; 28.5 17.1 42.8 119 1355 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
This turned out excellent! I did not make this sauce but made a similar one from this site. These were so good and they held up well the next day for leftovers too. Definitely give this one a tr...
I did not make any changes. This recipe is perfect! Wonderful flavor blends. It takes me back to our quick trip to Tangiers! Thank you so much! This is now in the family collection of treasur...
Well worth the prep time. Made exactly per recipe instructions. Marinated about 7 hours. Tastes divine! Leftovers were just as tasty.
We added some cinnamon to it and it turned out Fantastic!!! True restaurant quality and HIGHLY recommended! A bit labor intensive, but Well Worth the outcome! Make Sure you use/dip the chick/...
Amazing flavors! It's hard to believe this is a healthy dish since it tastes so good. My husband who is usually a bit non-committal about some of my experimental recipes said this one should d...
Really nice spices and herbs......just love it! Already made it twice....