Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 324
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine pork, 1/4 cup carrot, egg, 1/4 cup green onions, ginger, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, red pepper flakes, turmeric, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix filling well.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of the filling into the center of each wrapper. Moisten the edges of the wrapper; seal the edges.
- Pour chicken broth into a pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and chile paste. Add mushrooms and carrots; simmer until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add about 25 wontons, bok choy, and bean sprouts; simmer until wontons are no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
- Freeze the remaining wontons in a resealable bag for later use. Drizzle 1 teaspoon sesame oil over the soup and garnish with 2 tablespoons green onions.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use ground chicken in place of the pork, or a combination of the two.
- Use any vegetables you prefer in the soup.
- Wontons may be made beforehand and frozen separately on a sheet in the freezer. Once frozen, you can put them in a freezer bag. Add about 2 to 3 minutes to cooking time if cooking from frozen. Alternatively, you can cook the wontons separately and add them to the soup. Sometimes they stay together better that way.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of wontons. The actual amount of wontons consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 11.4 35.3 19 72 2021 Full nutrition