0 made it | 0 reviews |
"These shiitake-packed wontons are full of flavor and delicious cooked in different ways. Option A: simmer in broth until translucent, about 5 minutes; serve with leafy greens and noodles. Option B: deep fry in peanut oil at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C); serve with sweet and sour sauce. Freeze uncooked batches and put them right in your soup pot or deep fryer for a quick snack anytime."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 281
Original recipe yields 10 servings (50 wontons)
- Separate 1 egg white into a small bowl; mix in water. Reserve egg yolk.
- Combine the remaining 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk, pork, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl. Mix by hand until just combined. Add cornstarch and onion powder; mix filling evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Separate and place wonton wrappers onto your work surface. Place 1 rounded dollop of the filling onto the center of a wrapper. Dampen edges lightly with egg white mixture. Fold one corner over the filling onto the opposite corner to form a triangle; press to seal. Dampen edges again and gather in corners to create a little purse-like pouch. Place wonton on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot. Drop in wontons carefully; cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 281 calories; 10.2 28.3 16.7 80 778 Full nutrition