Spicy Mandoo (Korean Dumpling)
made it | 0 reviews |
"A spicy twist on a traditional dumpling! Delicious, easy-to-prepare dumplings. You can prepare the finished product any way you'd like. These can be steamed, sauteed, fried, or boiled. To cut down on prep time, throw the vegetables in a food processor. It will grind it to the perfect consistency!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 2 m servings 374 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (40 dumplings)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles at a boil until softened yet firm to the bite, about 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water for 1 minute. Transfer noodles to a flat work surface; cut into small pieces.
- Combine noodles, pork, onion, napa cabbage, soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce, sesame oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir filling together with a spoon or mash by hand.
- Place 3/4 tablespoon filling in the center of each wrapper. Wet your fingers and run them along the edges of the wrapper. Fold over the filling; press ends together using a fork. Flip and repeat on the other side to strengthen the seal. Repeat filling and shaping with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mandoo; cook until lightly browned and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add about 1/2 inch water. Cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use wonton wrappers in place of the gyoza wrappers.
- Ground chicken may be substituted for the pork.
- You can find the sweet potato noodles at international grocery stores. They are clear with a greenish tint. The chile sauce is usually sold in small plastic tubs. The one I usually buy is made by the same company that makes the sriracha sauce in the squeeze bottles.
- These also freeze extremely well. Steam them first and let them cool before tossing them in the freezer. Later you can still cook these how you like.
- To cut down on prep time throw the vegetables in a food processor. It will grind them to the perfect consistency!
Per Serving: 374 calories; 12.2 g fat; 50 g carbohydrates; 14.7 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 1049 mg sodium. Full nutrition