Tofu Vegetable Gyoza
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients57 m servings 559 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (30 gyoza)
- Place tofu onto a plate and place another plate on top. Set a 3 to 5-pound weight on top; let compress for 20 to 30 minutes; drain and discard the accumulated liquid.
- Crumble tofu into a bowl; add carrot, celery, cabbage, zucchini, red pepper, and scallion. Stir to combine. Add vinegar, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Mix filling well.
- Separate and place wonton wrappers onto your work surface. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the filling onto the center of each wrapper. Use your finger or a pastry brush to lightly moisten edges of wonton wrappers with water. Fold one side of the wrapper over the filling onto the opposite side to form crescent-shaped gyoza. Press edges together to seal.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place gyoza 1 inch apart in the skillet. Cook until light golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Increase heat to high. Add water to gradually cover the bottom of the skillet; cover immediately. Steam until water is evaporated and gyoza are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- A container filled with water works well as a weight for the tofu.
- Mix equal parts soy sauce and rice wine vinegar with a pinch of sesame seeds to make a dipping sauce.
Per Serving: 559 calories; 11.6 g fat; 91.8 g carbohydrates; 21.4 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 922 mg sodium. Full nutrition