Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey and Dumplings
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 1 m servings 498
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 large casserole)
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in 1/4 cup flour gradually. Pour in chicken broth slowly; add poultry seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, and pepper. Whisk in cream of chicken of soup; bring to a boil.
- Stir turkey, carrots, turkey gravy, peas, and celery. Reduce heat to low; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour turkey mixture into the prepared dish.
- Place 2 cups flour, milk, shortening, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender. Blend until mixture forms a ball, adding pinches of flour if too doughy. Roll dough into small balls by hand; place balls 1/2-inch apart on top of the turkey mixture.
- Bake until top is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Let cool until dumplings are set, 5 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Garlic powder may be substituted for the minced garlic.
Per Serving: 498 calories; 27.1 43.5 19.1 52 2435 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1