Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 233 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut green chile peppers in half from top to bottom; remove the stem, seeds, and ribs. Place peppers cut-side down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 15 minutes. Remove and discard skins. Chop peppers.
- Place potatoes and garlic into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Return potatoes to the pot. Add milk, sour cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until no lumps remain. Stir in the chopped peppers.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also roast the green chile peppers over the flame on a gas burner or on the grill. Seal into a plastic bag and let steam for at least 30 minutes before peeling and chopping.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 12.4 g fat; 27.1 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 130 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Excellent flavor from the roasted peppers. I used roasted poblanos because Hatch peppers are hard to find in my area. They added a subtle heat and smoky flavor to the potatoes. Didn't use the...