Brett's Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Ingredients4 h 35 m servings 544
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, onion, butter, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker (such as Crock Pot(R)). Cook on High until soup flavors meld and potatoes are extremely soft, 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir bacon, half-and-half, Cheddar cheese, and sour cream into the soup. Turn heat to Low setting; cook until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Mash the soup in the slow cooker using a potato masher to your desired consistency. Garnish with additional Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chives.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use white or yellow onions.
- Margarine can be substituted for the butter.
- Light sour cream can be substituted for the full-fat version.
Per Serving: 544 calories; 32.4 39.7 24 89 1990 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I used the instant pot to sauté the onion in the butter then switched to the slow cooker. We thought this was was yummy. I added 1tsp of rouge pimento and a 4 ounce can of mild diced Chili’s. ...
While red potatoes would be ideal, russets was all I had so that is what I used. This turned out really good and was full of flavor. The one change I would make next time is to make extra bacon ...
Yum. The only change I made was to saute the onions in the butter before adding it to the slow cooker. It was filling and delicious on a cold winter's day.
I mashed the potatoes, onions, etc partially which gave the soup more texture. Great recipe, everyone loved it.
Love this recipe! Made one shortcut change and used frozen hash browns, either shredded or diced. Cooked up the same and was terrific! The husband, who isn’t usually a fan of creamy soups, had s...
I started out making this soup just as the recipe said, except I sauteed the onions and a minced garlic clove in the bacon grease before adding to the crockpot. When all was done, I felt the sou...