Brett's Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Ingredients4 h 35 m servings 544 cals
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, onion, butter, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker (such as Crock Pot(R)). Cook on High until soup flavors meld and potatoes are extremely soft, 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir bacon, half-and-half, Cheddar cheese, and sour cream into the soup. Turn heat to Low setting; cook until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Mash the soup in the slow cooker using a potato masher to your desired consistency. Garnish with additional Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chives.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use white or yellow onions.
- Margarine can be substituted for the butter.
- Light sour cream can be substituted for the full-fat version.
Per Serving: 544 calories; 32.4 g fat; 39.7 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 89 mg cholesterol; 1990 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used the instant pot to sauté the onion in the butter then switched to the slow cooker. We thought this was was yummy. I added 1tsp of rouge pimento and a 4 ounce can of mild diced Chili’s. ...
While red potatoes would be ideal, russets was all I had so that is what I used. This turned out really good and was full of flavor. The one change I would make next time is to make extra bacon ...
I started out making this soup just as the recipe said, except I sauteed the onions and a minced garlic clove in the bacon grease before adding to the crockpot. When all was done, I felt the sou...