Brett's Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Ingredients4 h 35 m servings 544
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, onion, butter, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker (such as Crock Pot(R)). Cook on High until soup flavors meld and potatoes are extremely soft, 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir bacon, half-and-half, Cheddar cheese, and sour cream into the soup. Turn heat to Low setting; cook until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Mash the soup in the slow cooker using a potato masher to your desired consistency. Garnish with additional Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chives.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use white or yellow onions.
- Margarine can be substituted for the butter.
- Light sour cream can be substituted for the full-fat version.
Per Serving: 544 calories; 32.4 39.7 24 89 1990 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
I used the instant pot to sauté the onion in the butter then switched to the slow cooker. We thought this was was yummy. I added 1tsp of rouge pimento and a 4 ounce can of mild diced Chili’s. ...
While red potatoes would be ideal, russets was all I had so that is what I used. This turned out really good and was full of flavor. The one change I would make next time is to make extra bacon ...
This was absolutely wonderful - made 6 bowls / 2 meals and my family asked for it again the next week (highly unusual)! I added chopped, marinated / jarred chili peppers to the toppings of baco...
This is absolutely Scrumptious! I didn't change a thing! Do yourself a favor and make this soup sooner rather than later!
WOW!! Delicious!!! I made 1 1/2 batch in my crock pot using russets and 48 oz chicken broth (didn't have anything smaller). I also cheated and used a pkg of the real bacon crumbles ~ it didn'...
Brett-You're da man! Brought this to potluck party at work and it was the most raved about item! Thank you for sharing this recipe! BTW, I didn't change a thing. Put bacon, Daisy sour cream (th...
Didn't change anything. DELICIOUS!! 2ND Time making it and will definitely make again. Picture is not the best but I MADE A DOUBLE BATCH AND IT'S AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DISH ALREADY! LOVE IT!!