Michelle's Cake Pops
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 41 m servings 314
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Beat cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 26 to 31 minutes. Cool until easily handled, at least 15 minutes.
- Trim about 1/2 inch off the edges of the cake and discard. Mash cake into fine crumbs in a bowl. Mix in frosting thoroughly. Roll mixture into balls 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches wide. Place cake balls on a baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Place chocolate coating in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until melted, about 5 minutes. Remove chocolate coating from heat.
- Place white coating in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until melted, about 5 minutes. Remove white coating from heat.
- Line a separate baking sheet with parchment paper. Insert lollipop sticks halfway through the chilled cake balls; dip into the melted chocolate or white coating. Set on the baking sheet until coating hardens, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any cake mix and frosting you prefer.
- You can also crumble the cake in a food processor.
- Cake balls can be refrigerated for 2 hours instead of frozen.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making the chocolate cake are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 17.9 40 3.4 25 215 Full nutrition