Simply Gluten-Free Pastry
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 240 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 double-crust pie)
- Mix flour and sugar together in a bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Mix in egg until combined. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and knead until the pastry holds together. Form into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold and firm, about 1 hour.
- Cut ball in half; place each half on separate sheets of parchment paper. Flatten with your hand and cover with a second piece of parchment. Roll into 1/8-inch-thick crusts, flipping once, using a rolling pin. Peel off the top sheet of parchment. Fold 1 crust in half. Fold again into quarters; transfer to a pie plate. Unfold and fit into plate; peel off second layer of parchment.
- Reserve remaining crust to top filled pie.
- Cook's Notes:
- Rather than placing the pastry on a pie plate, you can instead cut it into 4-inch rounds and place them into a paper-lined muffin tin or tart pans.
- In Step 2, you may need to lift parchment off of pastry if it starts to stick as this will make rolling easier.
Per Serving: 240 calories; 14.6 g fat; 26 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 9 mg sodium. Full nutrition