Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 500 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Place sweet potatoes and orange peel into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain well and let cool. Discard orange peel.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 9-inch pie plate with pie crust.
- Mash cooled sweet potatoes with a potato masher or fork. Mix in eggs until well blended. Add pineapple juice, butter, and vanilla extract; mix until combined. Mix in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt. Mix in sugar until dissolved. Blend in heavy cream using a whisk.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Place on a cloth on a table or window sill to cool down.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 can condensed milk for the heavy cream if desired.
- Do not cool this pie in the fridge or freezer.
Per Serving: 500 calories; 21.4 g fat; 72.2 g carbohydrates; 6.4 g protein; 91 mg cholesterol; 269 mg sodium. Full nutrition