Jeanne's Southern Sweet Potato Pie
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Jeanne Holt Andersen
"This is simply the best-tasting sweet potato pie our family has ever eaten. We don't like the pies that have an orange or lemon bite to them. This pie tastes sweet, nutty, and earthy. Serve slightly warm or cold, topped with whipped topping, alongside a warm beverage like hot tea, coffee, hot chocolate, or apple cider. So awesome!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 327
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry.
- Mash sweet potatoes with a potato masher or fork. Measure 1 3/4 cup of the mash into a large bowl. Add milk, sugar, eggs, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Beat with a rotary beater until mixture has the consistency of cake batter. Pour into the pastry-lined plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool until center is set, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For the creamiest taste, use whole milk, real eggs, and real butter. It also works well with low-fat or skim milk and/or 1/2 cup egg beaters. The flavor is just much lighter.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of sweet potatoes. The actual amount of sweet potatoes consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 11.2 52.2 5.6 54 493 Full nutrition