Gluten-Free Wacky Depression Era Chocolate Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 357 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x12-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x12-inch baking pan with cooking spray and dust with rice flour.
- Combine rice flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a food processor; pulse until well mixed. Mix in olive oil. Pour in garbanzo beans with liquid; puree until smooth. Blend in water gradually. Mix in vinegar; batter will be thin. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges pull away from the pan, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool for 1 hour before serving, otherwise it will be crumbly.
- Cook's Notes:
- White vinegar can be replaced with apple cider vinegar.
- Using something like arrowroot might make this cake less crumbly, but I don't find that necessary if it sits overnight.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 13.2 g fat; 59.7 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 473 mg sodium. Full nutrition