Vegan Apple-Nut Muffins (Gluten Free)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 232 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with parchment paper liners; spray liners with cooking spray.
- Place dates in a bowl; cover with soy milk. Let stand until softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix water and flax seeds together in a separate bowl. Let stand until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine oat flour, millet flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda in a bowl. Mix well.
- Place the soy milk-date mixture, applesauce, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to the bowl with the flour mixture; add the soaked flax seeds. Mix with a spoon until no dry spots remain. Fold in apples, walnuts, and raisins gently. Spoon batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and tops begin to brown and form cracks, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 8.5 g fat; 37.6 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 199 mg sodium. Full nutrition