Gluten-Free Vegan Dense and Chewy Pumpkin Cookies
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 32 m servings 311
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cookies)
- Heat pumpkin puree in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until condensed to about 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Let cool, at least 10 minutes.
- Beat brown sugar, shortening, and white sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the cooled pumpkin and vanilla extract; blend well. Sprinkle in oat flour, tapioca flour, brown rice flour, guar gum, cinnamon, and salt. Add cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Mix until dough is very stiff and dry; it should not stick to your hands. Add more flour, 2 tablespoons at a time, if needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place golf-ball size balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet. Press tops down slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges just begin to turn golden, about 12 minutes. Let cool, at least 30 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and melted margarine together in a bowl. Add enough milk so that icing is spreadable but not runny. Dollop icing on top of the cookies.
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to replace pumpkin seeds and raisins with any of your favorite add-ins.
- Use any non-dairy milk you prefer.
- Lightly under-bake these, and let them cool and set out of the oven to keep the texture perfect!
Per Serving: 311 calories; 11.8 51.1 2.5 0 160 Full nutrition