Smashing Pumpkin Soup
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 15 m servings 473 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out pulp and seeds. Wash and dry seeds. Place pumpkin halves cut-side down in a baking pan. Mix seeds with butter and salt and black pepper; spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake pumpkin halves on the top rack of the preheated oven until liquid starts to collect in the pan, about 1 hour. Bake pumpkin seeds on the bottom rack until toasted, about 45 minutes.
- Cool pumpkin halves for 10 minutes. Peel off and discard skin. Let cool completely, about 15 minutes more.
- Combine potatoes, pumpkin, tomatoes, parsley, Himalayan salt, thyme, and white pepper in a large bowl; mash together.
- Puree potato mixture in a blender in small batches, pouring each batch into a slow cooker and letting blender cool between batches.
- Stir coconut milk and milk into the slow cooker. Cook on Low until flavors combine, 4 to 6 hours. Serve toasted pumpkin sides on the side.
Per Serving: 473 calories; 31.8 g fat; 42.7 g carbohydrates; 10.6 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 757 mg sodium. Full nutrition