Cream Cheese and Ricotta-Stuffed Pork Chops
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Alisa Costa Kronshage
"I created this recipe as a change in routine for my family. I had no leftovers when it was done. The flavor was amazing. Add other favorites to cheese mixture such as finely chopped peppers for variety. Serve over cooked asparagus and golden sliced fried potatoes. Drizzle a Hollandaise sauce over entire dish for a fantastic meal."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 592
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 pork chops)
- Heat oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and pine nuts together in a bowl. Stir in sauteed onions and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; saute until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add cognac; cook until liquid is reduced and mushrooms are nicely glazed, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine bread crumbs and almonds in a shallow dish.
- Pound pork chops flat with a meat tenderizer until about 1 1/2 inch thick. Place a spoonful of cheese mixture onto the center of each pork chop; add a small spoonful of mushrooms. Roll pork chops to seal; place into almond-bread crumb mixture and coat completely.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium. Add pork chops; season with salt, pepper, parsley, and garlic salt. Cook until lightly browned and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Move skillet to oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- Replace cognac with any of your favorite alcohol.
Per Serving: 592 calories; 31.3 29.6 49 127 478 Full nutrition