Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 691 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 pork chops)
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook and stir until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine onion mixture, cooked sausage, bread cubes, chicken broth, egg, poultry seasoning, oregano, thyme, and sage in a large bowl. Mix until stuffing is well combined.
- Lay a pork chop flat onto your work surface. Use the tip of a sharp boning or paring knife to cut the largest possible pocket in the pork through a 2-inch slit in the side. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
- Fill pork chops with the stuffing. Wrap 1 slice bacon along the width of each pork chop, securing with a toothpick. Place bacon-wrapped pork chops in a baking pan. Add any extra stuffing to the bottom of the pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake the pork chops in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 40 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until juices run clear, about 15 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Per Serving: 691 calories; 39 g fat; 24.9 g carbohydrates; 57.2 g protein; 226 mg cholesterol; 1054 mg sodium. Full nutrition