Ingredients1 h servings 1165
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, chopped egg, onion, pickle chips, and salt in a bowl to make tuna-egg salad.
- Place tomatoes on a flat work surface. Cut slits from the top towards the bottom to make partial wedges. Fill tomatoes with tuna salad.
- Dip banana slices in lemon juice. Thread a toothpick through a banana slice, pineapple chunk, and strawberry. Repeat assembling kebabs with the remaining fruit.
- Cut 1 carrot and 1 cucumber into 3/4-inch circles. Cut each carrot slice into the shape of a tulip using a small knife. Trim cucumber slices into leaves. Thread a leaf through a toothpick; insert a tulip on top. Repeat with the remaining leaves and tulips.
- Cut the other carrot and cucumber into 1/2-inch slices. Cut out mini carrot and cucumber flowers using a mini flower-shaped vegetable cutter.
- Place the hot egg in a heart-shaped egg mold; close the lid slowly and tightly. Soak the mold in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Remove egg and drain on a paper towel.
- Arrange tuna-egg salad, fruit kebabs, tulips, carrot and cucumber cut-outs, and heart-shaped eggs in a bento box.
Per Serving: 1165 calories; 60.3 114.1 56.4 504 2471 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The tuna egg salad is a simple recipe I grew up eating. If you are making the bento box for the next day, I would suggest you store the tuna egg salad separately and place the salad in the tomat...
I grew up eating egg in tuna salad, and I thought it was a great idea to put it in a tomato. However, I didn't have one, so I spread the salad on cucumber slices instead. It worked great, but I'...