Kids' Turkey and Cream Cheese Spread Bento Box
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 689 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Cut a slit from top to bottom into the side of each jumbo olive. Ease the olive open slightly to insert about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese, forming a penguin belly.
- Cut a small triangle-shaped notch out of 9 carrot rounds to form feet; press 1 triangular piece (trimming if necessary) into each small olive to create the beak.
- Thread each jumbo olive onto a toothpick lengthwise through the existing holes. Anchor the toothpick onto a carrot slice (line belly up with feet); set a small olive on top (beak facing forward). Place penguins on a plate; refrigerate until assembly.
- Combine shredded carrot, onion, pimento peppers, and celery in a bowl. Mix 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, mayonnaise, and salt in a separate bowl; beat until fluffy. Fold carrot mixture into cream cheese; mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before use.
- Toss green apple slices, red apple slices, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Cut carrot rounds into decorative shapes using vegetable cutters. Wrap in a wet paper towel and place in a plastic bag; refrigerate until assembly.
- Pat cucumber slices dry. Place 1 half-slice tomato at the end of a cucumber slice; roll up together and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange 1/2 the carrot shapes in a bento box. Place 1/2 the sandwich spread in a small silicone baking cup; place 4 crackers in another cup. Arrange 1/2 the green apple slices, red apple slices, and grapes. Add 5 cream cheese penguins, 4 turkey slices, and 3 cucumber-tomato rolls. Use remaining ingredients to create a second bento box. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Cook's Notes:
- Slice cucumber into long slices using a mandoline.
- Use vegetable animal cutters to cut carrot slices. If you don't have animal vegetable cutters, just cut carrots into circles.
- Use small silicone cups to hold the cream cheese spread and crackers.
- Use any lunch meat you like in place of turkey.
- Here is the Cream Cheese Penguins recipe I used:
- Here is the Party Vegetable Sandwich Spread recipe I used:
Per Serving: 689 calories; 38.3 g fat; 65.3 g carbohydrates; 28.5 g protein; 124 mg cholesterol; 2311 mg sodium. Full nutrition