Zucchini Noodles and Butternut Squash in a Garlic-Lemon Sauce
made it | 0 reviews |
Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
"I made this dish as one of the recipes for a charity event to benefit Place of Hope. We received amazing vegetables as donations and I thought this dish would be perfect. I wish we had grabbed a photo of my friend Suhiel spiralizing an entire box of zucchini. You can add poultry or seafood to make this dish hearty or enjoy as is for a perfect side dish or vegetarian option. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients59 m servings 581 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange butternut squash into a single layer over the prepared pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake squash in the preheated oven, turning halfway, until browned and softened, about 35 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until zucchini is tender, about 4 minutes. Mix in baked squash and lemon juice until just combined. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Editor's Note:
- Cut zucchini into noodles/ribbons/spirals using a spiralizer (fitted with the large shredding blade).
Per Serving: 581 calories; 32.1 g fat; 71.6 g carbohydrates; 14.3 g protein; 12 mg cholesterol; 457 mg sodium. Full nutrition