Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 33 m servings 725 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Place onion, garlic, ginger, and green chile pepper in a food processor; process into a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion paste; cook and stir until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix Cornish hen, yogurt, tandoori masala, and salt together in a bowl. Add to the skillet; cook and stir until hen is fairly dry, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer hen mixture to a slow cooker. Stir in coconut milk, all but 1 teaspoon cilantro, and mint. Cook on Low until flavors combine, about 2 hours.
- Garnish with reserved 1 teaspoon cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- Tandoori masala is a spice blend available in ethnic stores or by mail order. If you cannot find it, it can be replaced with a mixture of equal amounts of ground cumin, ground coriander, and garam masala, or some good quality curry powder.
- For a quicker or make-ahead variation, the onion paste and the yogurt marinade can be made ahead and mixed with the chicken and frozen.
Per Serving: 725 calories; 57.4 g fat; 23.3 g carbohydrates; 34.5 g protein; 126 mg cholesterol; 1313 mg sodium. Full nutrition