Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 755
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and white pepper. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring often, until moisture has evaporated and mushrooms start to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Stir walnuts and white wine into the skillet. Cook, scraping browned bits off the bottom of the skillet, until wine has evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season Cornish hens inside and out with remaining 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Open cavities gently with your fingers; stuff with mushroom mixture. Pull skin back in place to cover stuffing. Place hens breast side-up in a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven, basting once or twice with juices from the pan, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 180 degrees F (82 degrees C), about 45 minutes. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute pine nuts for the walnuts if preferred.
Per Serving: 755 calories; 52.2 13.3 57.1 310 1028 Full nutrition