Cornish Hens with Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients48 m servings 941
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Set a metal rack over a baking sheet.
- Rub Cornish hens with olive oil; season inside and out with salt and pepper. Place 1 sprig rosemary in the cavity of each hen. Tie legs together with kitchen twine. Place hens breast side-up on the rack.
- Roast hens in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thigh, near the bone, reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 25 to 35 minutes.
- Combine strawberry jam, white wine, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until jam starts to melt, about 3 minutes. Add Thai chile pepper; let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and discard pepper. Serve alongside Cornish hens.
- Cook's Note:
- Add 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot, 1 1/2 teaspoon minced rosemary, and 1 chopped strawberry to the sauce if you would like.
Per Serving: 941 calories; 55.5 56.3 51.4 302 518 Full nutrition