Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients53 m servings 119
Original recipe yields 48 servings (48 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift 4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour and baking powder onto a pastry board.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add white sugar, almonds, eggs, and rum. Mix in flour from the sides of the well to form a thick paste. Drop butter pieces into the flour. Knead dough, starting from the middle, until firm and smooth.
- Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured work surface. Cut into shapes using 3-inch cookie cutters. Transfer to the prepared baking sheets using a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, rum flavoring, and water together in a bowl to make icing. Spread icing over warm cookies. Place 1 almond half on top of each cookie.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar for the vanilla extract if preferred.
- If dough is too sticky to roll out in step 4, refrigerate for 1 hour.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 4.9 16 2.4 13 39 Full nutrition