Spicy Chicken Noodles
Ingredients28 m servings 895
- Place carrots, cabbage, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, green onions, and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Mix chicken broth, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, sriracha sauce, and red pepper flakes together in a separate mixing bowl.
- Place dry rice noodles in a large mixing bowl. Cover with about 6 cups boiling water; add a pinch of salt. Stir from time to time until noodles are soft, about 10 minutes. Drain; cool with cold water. Drain thoroughly. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add shredded chicken; drizzle with sesame oil. Toss to coat.
- Heat large skillet over high heat; drizzle in vegetable oil. When oil is hot (almost but not quite smoking), add the vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until vegetables are hot and steamy, 1 or 2 minutes. Pour in sauce; cook and stir over high heat until sauce starts to bubble, about 1 minute. Add noodles and chicken. Cook and stir to blend ingredients and ensure ingredients are hot, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add chopped cilantro; stir.
- Chef's Note:
- This recipe makes 2 large or 4 small portions.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe is gluten-free, as long as you use tamari or another wheat-free soy sauce.
Per Serving: 895 calories; 23.7 129 38.7 85 2255 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
I made this w/ prawns -- next time chicken - it was delicious and restaurant quality sauce . I plan to add more cabbage - as it cooked down . I soaked noodles only 6 min. I used reg...
Excellent recipe! My husband LOVED it... Proclaiming it restaurant quality! We will be making this over and over. The only thing I did different was not adding the cilantro, only because we do n...
This is really good. I forgot the brown sugar, but it apparently was unnecessary because this was delicious without it. Rice noodles sure are hard to separate though. I hope some research wil...
Zero changes. I liked it a lot, but will soak the noodles a little less next time, they nearly disintegrated. BTW: The leftovers were excellent straight out of the refrigerator.
I did it up vegetarian, with tofu instead of chicken and with edamame added at the end. Delicious! Would add a little more cornstarch next time.
One of few meals I made for husband and two kids that ALL loved! Made double which is enough for at least 6 servings. Substitutions based on my available ingredients: wheat spaghetti instead ...
I love this recipe, it is super yummy and easy to make! The only thing that I changed is the adding of cilantro just because I can't stand the taste!