Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 231
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1/2 of the broccoli florets in a food processor; pulse about 20 times until it looks like grains of rice. Repeat with remaining broccoli florets.
- Fill a large, shallow saucepan with 1/2 inch water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add broccoli rice. Cover and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli rice to the center of a clean absorbent dish towel. Squeeze and twist the towel to remove as much of the moisture as possible.
- Mix Cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, onion, egg, bacon, ranch dressing mix, and parsley together in a large bowl. Mix in broccoli rice until mixture sticks together when pressed into a ball.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture with a small ice cream scoop; form into a ball and press into the shape of a tot using oiled hands. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Drizzle olive oil over broccoli tots. Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon salt on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning halfway with tongs, until golden brown, about 24 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Step 4 is key. The dryer the broccoli rice is, the better the flavor and texture of the broccoli tots will be.
Per Serving: 231 calories; 17.2 9.2 11.1 74 1408 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Fabulous .. I didn't have enough cheese so I added an extra egg and I used my favorite turkey peppered bacon. Yes rolling them is time consuming so I tried them in three different shapes.. per r...
These were very good. I liked the combination of the bacon and the ranch dressing. I did not dip them in anything because I thought the flavors were just right.
Delicious but crumbly. The ranch dressing powder really gives is a special flavour. I'm going to have to find some way to make them less crumbly. They fell apart and were difficult to eat. But ...