Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 222 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1/2 of the broccoli florets in a food processor; pulse about 20 times until it looks like grains of rice. Repeat with remaining broccoli florets.
- Fill a large, shallow saucepan with 1/2 inch water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add broccoli rice. Cover and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli rice to the center of a clean absorbent dish towel. Squeeze and twist the towel to remove as much of the moisture as possible.
- Mix Cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, onion, egg, parsley, garlic, cumin, and black pepper together in a large bowl. Mix in broccoli rice until mixture sticks together when pressed into a ball.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture with a small ice cream scoop; form into a ball and press into the shape of a tot using oiled hands. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Drizzle olive oil over broccoli tots. Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon salt on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning halfway with tongs, until golden brown, about 24 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Step 4 is key. The dryer the broccoli rice is, the better the flavor and texture of the broccoli tots will be.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 17 g fat; 8.3 g carbohydrates; 10.8 g protein; 74 mg cholesterol; 1089 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Very good. A bit time consuming as another reviewer stated but the outcome is well worth it.