Broccoli Rice Pizza Crust
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 3 m servings 123 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 12-inch crust)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1/2 of the broccoli in a food processor and pulse until texture resembles rice, about 20 times. Repeat with the remaining 1/2 of the broccoli.
- Fill a large shallow saucepan with salt and 1/2 inch water over high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add the broccoli rice. Cover and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool for 10 minutes. Transfer broccoli rice to the center of a dish towel. Wrap up the towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Place Parmesan cheese, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the broccoli rice and mix until dough is well incorporated and sticks together when rolled into a ball.
- Place dough in the center of the prepared baking sheet; press into a 12-inch circle about 1/3-inch thick. Drizzle crust with olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Bake on the top rack of the preheated oven until edges are crisp and lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Make sure to wring out the broccoli as thoroughly as possible. The dryer the broccoli rice the better the flavor and texture of the pizza crust will be.
- Once you have shaped the crust, it can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Per Serving: 123 calories; 6.5 g fat; 9.4 g carbohydrates; 8.4 g protein; 55 mg cholesterol; 743 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I had my doubts about this and boy was I wrong! I had plans of actually making a pizza, toppings and all. But I decided to taste the crust first and after that one taste my plans went out the do...