Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 15 m servings 106 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 cup)
- Mix heavy cream and buttermilk together in a bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place until thick but still pourable, 12 to 16 hours. Stir and refrigerate up to a week.
- Slice garlic; sprinkle salt on top and pulverize with the blade of a knife. Stir garlic juice into cream mixture.
- Pour cream mixture into a food processor. Blending on low speed, add lemon juice slowly, stopping when sauce reaches a fluffy consistency.
- Cook's Notes:
- Coarse sea salt may be used in place of kosher salt.
- 3 large cloves of garlic were a little too much for me (and I love garlic). I added a dash more lemon juice to cut the flavor and the consistency went from a beautiful creamy fluff to greasy butter. Do not add extra lemon juice! Still tasted great though.
Per Serving: 106 calories; 11 g fat; 1.6 g carbohydrates; 0.8 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 376 mg sodium. Full nutrition