Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 437 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Combine 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, 7 tablespoons white sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup cold butter using your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Form a well; pour in beaten egg. Mix until a dough forms; knead until just combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; freeze for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Beat 1/2 cup superfine sugar and 7 tablespoons butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in 1 cup almond flour and 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Add egg yolk; mix until frangipane is well combined.
- Place 3 cups strawberries and 1/3 cup white sugar in a pot over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture starts to simmer. Reduce heat to low; mash strawberries. Cook until jam is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes more. Strain through a fine sieve; reserve pulp. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Flour a work surface and a rolling pin; roll dough out to a 1/8-inch thick circle and place in a tart pan. Line crust with a double layer of aluminum foil and a layer of pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove weights and foil; add frangipane, spreading into a layer 1/3 the thickness of the crust.
- Return to the oven; bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let tart cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread reserved pulp over tart; press in strawberries to cover surface. Pour jam evenly over the tart. Cool until set, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also use a food processor to cut in the butter; pulse it into the flour mixture until it's the size of small peas.
- The amount of sugar in the jam can be eyeballed or added to your taste. I like it not too sweet, so I used a smaller amount of sugar.
Per Serving: 437 calories; 21.7 g fat; 52.9 g carbohydrates; 10.6 g protein; 85 mg cholesterol; 249 mg sodium. Full nutrition