Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 43 m servings 449 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (12 patties )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap up trout in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place trout in the prepared pan; drizzle butter and lemon juice on top. Fold up aluminum foil to enclose trout in a packet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until flesh flakes easily with a fork, about 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes. Flake into a large bowl; add onion and celery. Mix in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Beat eggs, mayonnaise, and lemon pepper seasoning in a small bowl until blended. Mix into trout mixture. Form trout mixture into 12 patties.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Fry patties in batches until deep golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Mix ketchup and horseradish together in a small bowl to make cocktail sauce. Serve with trout patties.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip®) for the mayonnaise if preferred.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 449 calories; 20.4 g fat; 17.3 g carbohydrates; 50.6 g protein; 202 mg cholesterol; 878 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1