Black-Eyed Pea Sausage Dip
made it | 0 reviews |
"If you do not really care for black-eyed peas but want to bring good luck for the new year try this recipe. Put this in the slow cooker the night before and have an amazing dip the next evening! Serve this at a party as a dip or serve with cornbread for a meal. Very versatile recipe. Serve hot with tortilla chips or crackers."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients16 h 20 m servings 170 cals
Original recipe yields 14 servings
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop vegetables into a slow cooker.
- Place sausage in the same skillet. Cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker; pour in black-eyed peas and diced tomatoes with green chiles.
- Cook on Low until black-eyed peas are tender, about 16 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use hot sausage to make this dish spicier or regular sausage for more flavor.
- You can also use mild or hot tomato-green chile mix instead of plain.
- You can also cook the dip on Medium for 8 hours instead of on Low for 16 hours. The longer you cook them the better they will be but you can eat as soon as the peas are tender.
Per Serving: 170 calories; 8.2 g fat; 16 g carbohydrates; 8.3 g protein; 20 mg cholesterol; 521 mg sodium. Full nutrition