Ingredients48 m servings 862
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a deep frying pan over low heat. Cook onions, chard stalks, and garlic until soft while stirring, 5 to 10 minutes. Add chard leaves and the rest of the butter. Cover and cook until chard is soft and wilted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine cream and mustard in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add to chard in pan and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, cover, and cook until tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Add drained pasta to vegetable sauce and stir to combine. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any kind of chard for this recipe - red, green, rainbow, whatever you get at the market.
Per Serving: 862 calories; 43.1 99.4 21.5 132 743 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
this was the best recipe with chard I've ever eaten! so so so good
My family liked this, but didn't love it. But since my family doesn't love anything with chard (except for the chard and pecan pesto recipe on this site from Chef John, but you can only make so ...
I used Barilla gluten free spiral pasta (1/2 12oz box) instead of spaghetti. Also I did not have cream so I substituted with low fat milk & 2 tablespoons cream cheese. Wow, it was delicious. Don...
I've made this a few times. The only think I add is either a duck or rabbit confit (shredded or broken into small pieces) to the top when serving. I also upped the garlic a touch. Delic!