Ingredients38 m servings 687
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Rinse rice in cold water until water runs clear. Drain and combine with coconut milk, water, and 1 teaspoon salt in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Watch Now
- Mix prawns and 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce together in a bowl until well coated. Watch Now
- Toss asparagus with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, sesame oil, and black pepper. Lay on 1 side of the grill; cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Flip. Add prawns to the other side of the grill. Grill shrimp until opaque and asparagus is lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a platter. Watch Now
- Divide the rice between 4 plates. Top with prawns and asparagus. Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds on top. Drizzle 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce on top. Watch Now
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of teriyaki sauce. The actual amount of teriyaki sauce consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 687 calories; 27.8 74 36.1 216 2653 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
Decent dish! The rice came out mushy so I suggest reducing the amount of water and/or coconut milk used. I enjoyed the flavor combination made by the asparagus and sesame oil. The prawns were pr...
These were great. They are very salty of course. My husband did not eat the shells (we used headless) but I did, and they were surprisingly good. However, the shells were very tough when I nuke...
Well.... I made something similar.... I used organic basmati rice, well rinsed. To prevent clumpy, sticky rice. I sauteed it lightly in organic ghee, turmeric, salt and ginger. I poured in org...
Super yummy! I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out perfect! The shrimp didn't hold onto allot of the teriyaki flavor so make sure you use good shrimp ( I might marinade it next time). ...
Simple and delicious ! My husband and I both loved it, followed the instructions as written. Next time I will buy more Shrimp and asparagus...because there was a lot of rice leftover. YYYUUUMMMM
Amazing! We inhaled it. Definitely recommend. We will be having this again and again and again.
The rice was especially good with the saltiness of the prawns in teriyaki.