Nelli's Quick German Whole Grain Bread
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 566 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine water and yeast in a bowl; stir until yeast is dissolved. Stir in vinegar, salt, and honey.
- Combine all-purpose flour, rye flour, walnuts, 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, and 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Stir in water mixture with a wooden spoon until dough is sticky and soft. Transfer dough to the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds and 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds on top.
- Place loaf pan in the cold oven. Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake until top is golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 tablespoon active dry yeast for the fresh yeast if desired.
- Substitute spelt flour for the rye if preferred.
- Substitute sugar for the honey if preferred.
- If you like a good crust, brush some water on top halfway through baking.
- If making rolls, bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 566 calories; 15.3 g fat; 93 g carbohydrates; 16.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1171 mg sodium. Full nutrition
How much yeast is in a package of yeast?
Can I freeze dough and then bake it later?
I want my bread loaves to have a thicker crust. What can I do?
Ask Your Question